Put your Unraid Admin hat on, this one is for the security-conscious who want to stop having to open ports or prevent those annoying hackers on your HTTP and HTTPS ports - FREE.
Tired of ISP's snooping on you? Blocked access to ports 80 and 443? Double NAT? Want to hide your IP address at all times?
There’s a simpler and more secure way to protect your applications and web servers from direct attacks: Cloudflare Tunnel.
Here are just some of the benefits of getting up and running on your server: - Portability of not being stuck in a single IP
- Cloudflare CDN
- No ports open (increased security)
- No need for Dynamic DNS set-up
- Improved latency as it uses Cloudflare smart routing avoiding congested areas of the internet
- Signed SSL at each stage of the process for additional security
- Less likely to get a man in the middle attack (MITM)
- All the added benefits of Cloudflare (DDOS protection, malware protection, etc.).
-Bypass double NAT issues hosting your own applications publicly
- Bypass ISP blocking WAN port 443 & 80
- Impossible to find the origin of the server, no IP is ever shared publicly
Here's where you can find the written guide: